Awww, nothing feels as good as Friday does. Well, maybe a nice massage or an amazing night on the town (minus the kids) but, yeah, like that’ll ever happen.
The Girl Next Door Grows Up hosts Feel Good Friday every week! She provides several different writing prompts to choose from. This is the one I chose…
Just make a list. List 5 things that made you really happy this week. No matter how bad or boring you think your week was, I bet you can find 5 things.
So here are 5 things that made me happy this week...
1) I used to love to draw! I like to think it’s a talent I inherited from my maternal grandmother, right along with her gigantic boobs and incessant need to be involved in every conversation. Some may refer to that last one as “nosy”.
But at some point, I lost interest and stopped drawing. My boobs, however, kept growing…
A few days ago, Bella asked me to draw her a picture of the Little Mermaid.
I was like, “Okay, I’ll try…but don’t expect perfection.”
Here’s a picture of the book cover I referred to as I drew…
And here’s my drawing….
So…my Little Mermaid looks like she’s resting on top of a shark, her hair looks like it’s on fire and she’s in desperate need of an eyebrow waxing BUT the kids were impressed.
I even surprised myself. Mama’s still got it. Who knew?
2) Powdered donuts and Peeps…washed down with a glass of wine after a long, exhausting day. Enough said.
3) Water play at the tale end of winter. Who cares if it was only 55 degrees out and a storm was brewing in the sky. Kids are happy = Mama’s happy.
4) No snow? No problem! Sand angels are just as adorable. Sand in the kids’ butt cracks…not so adorable.
5) Stuck in a tree? No worries…we have our very own Transformer to save the day.
Although he did take his sweet time coming to the Princess’ rescue…but that’s what she gets for being bossy.
Oh, and we’re coming along nicely with the tile in the bathroom….slowly but surely. Yet another reason to feel good!
Why not write a Feel Good Friday post of your own and then come link up with the rest of us over at The Girl Next Door Grows Up!
OM and Ohms
1 day ago