Sometimes I participate in the “Feel Good Friday” meme hosted by The Girl Next Door Grows Up but one of my other blogging buddies, Jen at Buried with Children, is hosting a fun meme today called “Kids Make the Darndest Things”.
Since this week was a pretty good one and the kids were rather artistically creative, I thought I’d roll both memes up into ONE!
1) How could you look at these next two pictures and not smile?
There’s a reason why kids look this sweet while they sleep…it’s so you don’t kill them when they’re awake…especially after they’ve done what I’m about to show you next…
Yes, folks, this would be our family room sofa…which has now been personally decorated by my 5-year old son and one of my 3-year old sons.
When I asked them who was responsible for the spontaneous art work, this is the response I got…
Garrett: Cole did it
Cole: No, Garrett did it.
Garrett: No, not me!
Cole: Uh, it was the cat.
Garrett: Yeah, the cat did it.
Me: Do you both think I’m really THAT stupid?
Cole: Mommy, you sure look pretty today.
Apparently, they think I'm stupid AND desperate for compliments.
3) Often times, their artwork actually makes a lot of sense. For instance, the following are not just simple easter egg crafts.
They also show what a person's brain looks like BEFORE they become a parent…
And what a person’s brain looks like AFTER becoming a parent…
4) Usually, when I receive any kind of gift money, I spend it on material items which will make my life easier. With my Christmas money, I bought a Shark steam mop (waited until it went on sale at Kohl’s and then, with my 30% off coupon, I paid only $50 for a $119 mop) and a new Brita water filter system.
If you do not have a steam mop, I suggest you high-tail it to your nearest store and buy one NOW. Seriously, it’s the best money I’ve spent in a long time. I actually LIKE mopping the floor now. That says a lot, right there.
But, wait…that really wasn’t the point of this particular “feel good” moment. I actually used some of my birthday money yesterday to get my hair highlighted and trimmed!
It’s amazing how just a tiny bit of warm golden highlights can make you look as if you’ve actually gotten a good night’s sleep.
5) And, lastly, we finally had ONE day of nice weather this past week and the kids were itching to play out back, break out the water balloons and play on the slip-n-slide.
We had a blast….
Leave it to Bella to stuff the water balloons in her bathing suit top. I might or might not have encouraged her.
Then we had some fun shoving the balloons inside a small bottle as we filled them up with water…
I should probably mention that I was a little doped up on cold meds during the making of the above video, otherwise I probably wouldn’t have found it so funny.
Wait a minute…yeah, I would. After all, this is ME we’re talking about.
* I want to thank everyone who left a comment on yesterday's "Pouring My Heart Out" post, especially those of you who shared your experience with your own parents. It's never easy to bare our souls for the world to see but it was something I had to get off my chest and I'll admit I've never felt better.
I have decided to spend Mother's Day with Tim and the kids, without any interference from other family members. And I'll bet it'll be the first Mother's Day in 5 years which I will truly enjoy.
Ham and Bowtie Pasta Casserole
8 hours ago