Just a couple days ago, I was having a particularly rough day with the kids.
Oh hell, who am I kidding?
Every day is a particularly rough day with the kids. Because there are four of them and one or two of them is bound to be in a crappy mood for one reason or another...usually over something so silly it makes me want to stab myself in the eyeball with a germ-infested 22-gauge needle.
Instead of wasting what very few brain cells I have left by yelling at them (and let's face it...even yelling at them doesn't really work), I decided to go out back and tend to my vegetables and fruit trees.
Plus, they don't tell me they hate me or cry for an eternity when I prune them. It's a give and take relationship....very different from the relationship I have with my kids, which is take, take, take and take some more until I'm a dried-up shriveled old woman begging for mercy.
Little did I know that when I got back inside and sat down at my laptop, there would be a lovely little gift awaiting me in the form of an e-mail from the Fairy Hobmother, granting me the fulfillment of one wish.
Seriously, people. It happened. I wasn't dreaming it and I certainly wasn't in a wine-induced stupor.
Here's a direct quote from the e-mail....
"I stumbled across your blog today and your story struck me as deserving of some recognition. Dealing with four kids at once must be tough, you've got to be made of pretty stern stuff to handle that and blog at the same time!"
Yeah, "pretty stern stuff" is just 25% of it. The other 75% is just sheer guts and determination to survive.
If you don't know who the Fairy Hobmother is, let me tell you...he (yes, it's a dude) spreads light and joy throughout the internet, offering to grant your biggest wish in the form of a generous Amazon gift card.
One of my biggest passions is reading. And I finally caved last year and invested in a Kindle. Reading takes me to my happy place and allows me to escape from the chaos in my life, if even only for a few minutes.
So, obviously, I'm using my wish to purchase books, books and more books.
What? Did you really think I was going to use the one wish on my kids?
Clearly, you don't know me well enough.
Call me selfish or whatever you want. But it's not every day I have someone as generous as the Fairy Hobmother presenting me with an opportunity to fulfill one of my wishes!
Would you like the Fairy Hobmother to stop by your neck of the woods and grant you a wish?
Leave me a comment here on this post, telling him what your biggest wish is.
You never know...it may come true!